The Nigerian Association of Small & Medium Enterprises (NASME) was registered in 1996 as a Business Membership Organization (BMO) to co-ordinate and promotesthe growth and development of the MSME sector of the Nigerian economy. NASME was jointly conceived by promoters of MSMEs in the private sector and agencies of the federal government of Nigeria including the Bank of Industry, to serve as the apex organization that will coordinate MSME activities and interact with local and foreign organizations whose services are vital to the development of MSMEs.
The Association provides a forum for interaction, and adoption of concerted approach to issues of strategic importance to the development of MSMEs. NASME is the only Nigerian private sector -led BMO affiliated to the World Association of Small & Medium Enterprises (WASME) enjoying consultative status with the United Nations. NASME is equally being assisted through strategic collaborations with UNIDO, UNDP, IFC, Federal Ministries, several embassies and bilateral Chambers of Commerce on its various projects. The Association is committed to further advancing the NASME brand by providing high-quality and responsive services and building and strengthening partnerships nationwide in order to better serve her members. For more information follow link
Vision, Mission, Aims & Objectives
To be the voice of Nigerian entrepreneurs advocating for a conducive business operating environment while partnering with small business promoters to ensure the emergence of large pool of viable technologically empowered MSMEs.
To promote the empowerment of Nigeria’s MSMEs as a means of achieving sustainable employment generation, economic growth and development in the country.
Aims & Objectives
The Association’s major aims and objectives are to:
• Play an active role in policy advocacy on issues affecting MSMEs through legislative and executive lobby,
• Ensure proper representation and participation in State and Federal Government special Committees on MSME issues,
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive data bank for MSMEs in Nigeria,
• Provide and disseminate useful and timely information for the advancement of its members’ businesses,
• Foster closer ties with international donor agencies, like IFC, UNIDO, UNDP, CIPE, etc. & World Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (WASME),
• Facilitate the delivery of suitable credits to MSMEs through member financial institutions, etc.,
• Create public awareness of the role of MSMEs in national development,
• Properly co-ordinate MSME activities by interfacing with investors (local/foreign) & adopting strategic approach to issues bothering on the development and well-being of MSMEs in Nigeria,
• Identify and source appropriate technologies and relevant raw materials that can enhance the efficiency of MSMEs,
• Ensure and facilitate regular organization of workshops, Seminars, Lectures, Summit and Annual International Conference,
• Engage in the provision of business support services to members especially in the area of business consultancy,
• Provide export promotion services and identification of markets for the products of MSME,
• Expose MSMEs to local and foreign markets through trade fairs/exhibitions.